Friday, March 02, 2007

Mini Blue?

Hey, doesn't this little fellow look familiar!?

I've collected a few of these interesting 'home craft' style tin models and I find they have a lot of charm.

So far, I've picked up a large scale Edwardian Roll-Royce Silver Ghost and a neat '30's Alfa-Romeo racer. There's also a gorgous clockwork model of the Golden Arrow record breaker on my fireplace mantle, but that is in a different league and more of a collector's piece.

When I spotted this model on the shelf, it caught my attention immediately and I had to have it! The shape...the colour...the wheels...looks like the artist had a certain Singer Le Mans on his mind when he made it! It might be fun to detail it further to look even more like a Singer!

You can check out some other tin display models at: http://www.popblue.com/models/

No comments: